One of the most beautiful things I have experienced since the start of the protests in Iran, is the solidarity my non-Iranian friends have shown from the beginning of the woman, life, freedom movement. It is absolutely wonderful to witness so many people supporting, empathizing and genuinely wanting to help Iranian protesters in their fight for freedom.
I have been asked multiple times and have seen countless comments all over social media of non-Iranians asking: “How can we help?”, and so I wanted to share some of the ways that you can help below:
- Stay engaged and share the news about Iran
- Write to your representatives and ask them to support Iranian protesters
- Sign petitions in support of the Iranian protesters
- Attend protests in your area
- Help Iranians overcoming internet blackouts and filtering
At this link, you will find a comprehensive list of resources and action items, such as how to help protesters with the internet blackouts and filtering, that is updated on a regular basis.
If you would like to stay up-to-date on the Iran news, information and real-time developments, here are some accounts you can follow on Instagram:
- Middle East Matters
- From: Iran
- Persians with Purpose
- Iranian Diaspora Collective
- Diaspora for Iran
- United for Mahsa
Thank you again to North York Arts for giving me this opportunity to amplify the voices of the protesters in Iran.