Join our team, become an Intern!
As an NYA intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a small and dynamic team
- Take on a range of responsibilities and focus on specific tasks
- Gain and enhance management skills
- Meet and network with professionals in the industry
- Gain an understanding in community arts
Possible Responsibilities include:
- Volunteer management
- Community outreach and programming support
- Event coordination
- Communications and marketing
- Development and fundraising
The ideal candidate will have:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Ability to make decisions
- An interest in non-profit management and the cultural sector
North York Arts (NYA) collaborates with artists, arts organizations, and partners to develop, strengthen, and promote cultural programming and initiatives for North York communities
Melissa joined North York Arts in 2014 and has 15 years working in various roles throughout the public sector. She holds a BA (hons) in Theatre Studies from York University and a Community Arts Practice Certificate from York University. She also holds a post-degree diploma in Arts Management from Western University.
What does art mean to you?
Exploring our shared humanity