Frequently Asked Questions
What is North York Arts?
What types of programs and events does North York Arts host?
- Neighbourhood Cultural Events: Free events where community networkers can experience local performance arts and community culture.
- Community Forums: NYA participants in various community forums yearly to share information and build community connections.
- Art Exhibitions: Free art exhibitions including pop-up shows highlighting the works of North York Artists.
- Professional Development for Artists: Free workshops that instruct artists on best practices in a variety of topics including grant-writing information sessions.
- Music Programs: Free music programs for youth to embrace and develop their song-writing talent, open mic sessions and music showcase to highlight indie talent.
Who can join the NYA Network?
Why should I join the NYA Network?
Can I get funding by joining the NYA Network?
How will my information be used?
North York Arts (NYA) collaborates with artists, arts organizations, and partners to develop, strengthen, and promote cultural programming and initiatives for North York communities
Julián Carvajal (he/him) is a Toronto-based award-winner creator & producer of experiences. This Queer Latinx Colombian Canadian Arts Manager/Producer has over 21 years of experience managing, curating and delivering arts festivals and cultural events. He is the Event Producer of the largest PanAmerican Food and Music Festival in Canada, Mentor in Residence at the Neighbourhood Arts Network while working at North York Arts, StreetARToronto and producing "In My Element(s) Symposia" for ArtWorkxTO.
Julián has collaborated with organizations and artists from 5 continents on multiple artistic projects. He has mentored over 400 self-identified artists for the past 10 years. He is passionate about building meaningful relationships; helping others to navigate the art sector in the city while collaborating with others to co-create an anti-oppressive and more diverse and inclusive vision of the art sector in Tkaronto.
What does art mean to you?
The Big Bang of my life