North York Arts is excited to announce that the Call for Nominations to the Board of Directors is now open!
The Board of Directors provides strategic leadership, governance, establishes policy, oversees the operations and financial performance of North York Arts and assesses the Board’s own effectiveness. Our Board Members will serve on several committees, including:
- Finance & Audit
- Governance & Nominating
- Programming & Events
- Fundraising & Marketing
New members will be supported and mentored by the existing Board of Directors to help ease the transition into this leadership role. Participation on the Board is voluntary and there is no remuneration for service.
Expected Commitment from Board Members:
- Term begins April 2020 and have the ability to serve for a minimum of one (1) year and eligible for re-election at the annual general meeting
- Attend 8 Board meetings that take place each year: one in conjunction with the Annual General Meeting
- Able to commit the time and resources to serve on the Board and one board committee, and represent North York Arts as requested
The Governance & Nomination Committee is particularly interested in candidates with the following knowledge and expertise, who either live or work in the City of Toronto:
- Fundraising, Development & Sponsorship
- Community Arts & Leadership
- Small Business and/or Social Enterprise
- Commitment to North York Arts’ Vision and Values and has an appreciation for the arts
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of a Board member
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Previous non-profit board experience is an asset
- Live and/or work in the City of Toronto
- Please submit a cover letter and your résumé / CV by March 11, 2020 to email@example.com
- All applicants must complete this application to be considered for the position.
- All cover letters and résumé / CVs will be reviewed by the Committee to be selected for an interview.
- Nominations Committee will then make recommendations for each open board position to the Board. The Board will meet and review the recommendations and then motion for selection.
North York Arts is strongly committed to equity and inclusion within the community and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Persons with Disabilities, Persons of Colour, Indigenous and 2SLGBTQIAP community members. We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the role and nomination process – please contact Executive Director, Lila Karim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-733-9388 x 7062.