This is an unpaid internship position for students seeking school credit
The Social Media & Communications Assistant will assist with creating written and visual content for North York Arts (NYA) social media, newsletter, website, and other media outlets including Snapd North York.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Development and Communications Coordinator on communications and marketing initiatives.
The Social Media & Communications Assistant is an unpaid internship position for students seeking school credit. This position is suitable for a student looking for an internship credit in communications.
ABOUT NYA INTERNSHIPS:
North York Arts offers internship positions for students looking to enhance their career and gain school credit with practical experience. We understand that internships are valuable learning opportunities and as such, we work to customize a position for you to gain new skills while contributing to the growth of our organization. At North York Arts, you’ll work with a small (but mighty!) team, as well as leaders in the cultural sector including artists, arts organizations, government and corporate partners.
As an NYA intern, you will:
- Work with a small and dynamic team
- Take on a range of responsibilities and focus on specific tasks
- Gain and enhance management skills
- Meet and network with professionals in the industry
- Gain an understanding in community arts
- Clear communication skills and strong writing skills
- Demonstrate the capacity for self-directed work, and be able to work well under minimal supervision
- Very well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve, embrace flexibility and versatility, while working in a high-paced, evolving environment
- Familiarity and past experience with Hootsuite, Mailchimp, WordPress, Indesign, and/or photoshop will be considered an asset
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist NYA’s Development and Communications Coordinator with tasks related to implementing NYA’ marketing plan and day to day tasks including: social media, newsletter updates, website updates, and content creation.
- Assist NYA’s programming staff with programming outreach.
- Assist with day to day arts administration and other duties as required.
- Time commitment between 8 hours to 15 hours per week during office hours (Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm).*
- From September to December (minimum of 8 weeks commitment).
* For students, if you need to complete more than 15 hours per week, we are open to hearing about your internship requirements to see if we can accommodate.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply with a short cover letter and resume to Cecilia Garcia by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application will remain open until the position is filled. Subject line: Social Media & Communications Assistant 2018 Application.
North York Arts thanks all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. North York Arts is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. is committed to building a diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.