North York Arts Board and Staff 2016
Board of Directors Key Role:
The Board of Directors provides strategic leadership, governance, establishes policy, oversees the operations and financial performance of North York Arts and assesses the Board’s own effectiveness. Our Board Members will serve on several committees, including Executive, Finance & Audit, Governance & Nominating, Programming & Events, Fundraising & Marketing.
New members will be supported and mentored by the existing Board of Directors to help ease the transition into this leadership role. Participation on the Board is voluntary and there is no remuneration for service. See below for detailed information on the roles and responsibilities for Board members.
Expected Commitment from Board Members:
- Term begins July 2018 and have the ability to serve for a minimum of one (1) year and eligible for re-election at the annual general meeting
- Attend 8 Board meetings that take place each year: one in conjunction with the Annual General Meeting
- Able to commit the time and resources to serve on the Board and one board committee, and represent North York Arts as requested
The Governance & Nomination Committee is particularly interested in candidates with the following knowledge and expertise, who either live or work in the City of Toronto:
- Fundraising, Development & Sponsorship
- Community Arts & Engagement
- Legal (Secretary)
- Commitment to North York Arts’ Vision and Values and has an appreciation for the arts
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of a Board member
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Previous non-profit board experience is an asset
- Please submit a cover letter and your résumé / CV by April 27, 2018 to email@example.com
- All applicants must complete a cover letter and résumé / CV to be considered for the position.
- All cover letters and résumé / CV’s will be reviewed by the Committee to be selected for an interview.
- Nominations Committee will then make recommendations for each open board position to the Board. The Board will meet and review the recommendations and then motion for selection.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the role and nomination process – please contact Executive Director, Lila Karim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-733-9388 x 7062.